Thinking of purchasing a caravan, motorhome, or campertrailer and want to try-before-you-buy?
Wondering what you’d do with your recreational vehicle (RV) set-up after you do an extended trip?
You might even already have one of these RVs and it’s sitting in your driveway
The sharing economy has moved into this space, but is it for you?
We’re joined by Dave Eddy (Director from Camplify, https://www.camplify.com.au)… to answer our questions.
In this episode we cover:
– Do you have a say in who hires your caravan or camper?
– What options are there for people who don’t have a suitable tow vehicle… or you’ve never towed?
– What RVs are most commonly hired out?
– Who are they types of people who most commonly hire them?
– How much could someone expect to earn?
– What happens if there’s an accident?
– How does it impact your insurance premium?
– Breakdowns?! What about roadside assistance
The fee calculator mentioned can be found at https://www.camplify.com.au/feecalcalculator
The Portable Electric Brake Controller discussed in this episode was made by Elecbrakes (https://www.elecbrakes.com)
***Before you tow a caravan, you should check out our episode Towing a Caravan: Must Knows, Myths and Mistakes***
* Disclaimer: The Family Travel Podcast is not affiliated with Camplify in any way! We just wanted to learn how these sharing platforms worked, and had an opportunity to connect with some of Camplify’s leaders. What better way to learn about it, then hear it straight from the horse’s mouth! So, even though we don’t have any commercial affiliation with Camplify, we’d still recommend you give it a go. Sounds like they’ve covered their bases!