Disclosure: When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network
What are the common mistakes made when towing a caravan?
What should everyone know before they tow?
In this episode we cover:
– Should you tow with water tanks empty or full?
– Carrying fuel, spare tyres, and tool box on the back of the van?
– When is a Weight Distribution Hitch (WDH) needed?
– If I use air bags and my car is level, do I still need a WDH?
– What to do if a truck is overtaking?
– Brake controllers: mistakes and misconceptions?
– What should you do if you get caravan sway?
– What is the process to weigh your caravan?
– What safety checks should be done each time you tow?
– Common mistake with connecting the breakaway system?
– How to calculate caravan tyre pressure based on your load?
We cover all of this (and more!) in this interview with Ricky Esser (Follow Me 4WD), who you might recognise from Channel 7’s ‘Discover’ program or 5AA’s weekly radio program. Ricky is a Tow-Ed instructor, also offering Nationally Recognised 4WD & defensive driver training.
When you listen to Ricky speak, you’ll also get an appreciation for how much he knows… this episode is filled with useful information not just for someone who is new to towing a caravan, but also those already towing.