Disclosure: When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network
Ever dreamed of living on a yacht, but think you couldn’t afford it? Or think that it’s just not doable with a family?
After randomly watching the documentary Maiden Trip , this family of 5 from Adelaide, South Australia, made it their goal.
From being in debt, to now 2 years later they’re sailing the Caribbean.
In this episode they detail how their (new) dream came to fruition:
– How they got out of debt and the strategies they used to save
– Learning to sail in preparation for their tip
– Purchasing a boat suitable to live on
– The biggest costs that come with living on a boat, and
– Adjusting to some of the challenges that come with not just living on the water in another part of the world, but also a completely new way of life.
All this, and the highlights of their trip around the Caribbean
Check out their blog, Sailing to Roam… you’ll quickly see how life on a yacht can be a thing for the average family